Many are flocking to new social media alternatives because of the fascists, and unpatriotic actions of entities like Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc. Google shut us (PNN) down a few years ago and we folded up. Prior to the November Election, we began to ramp back up because we could see the writing on the wall. We still aren’t where we want to be – so please bare with us.
With too many of us fleeing the enslavement of the social media plantations, the Left is attempting to punish any platforms which provide safe harbor.
Thankfully, Parler remains very user-friendly outside the app. I am providing easy step-by-step instructions with images for Apple iPhone users (because I have an iPhone handy to take screenshots). If you use an Android, then scroll to the bottom of this article for instructions. Sorry I’m not able to provide Android images, but locate your nearest teenager and they can likely help if you have any trouble.
Parler work-around for iOS (iPhone):
- Launch “Safari” app and enter parler.com.
If you have never used Safari to access Parler before, you are likely to see this screen:
Click the option “Continue using site”
2. Tap the share icon (the button at the center of the footer on the bottom of your screen – highlighted in yellow below)
3. Scroll down just a little and tap “Add to Home Screen.”
4. You’ll be able to enter a name for the shortcut (parler by default) and this will add a Parler shortcut to your home screen—it will create an icon which looks very similar to that of your existing App icon. It will not display the red button with how many Parleys have occurred since you were last on Parler (App icon on left, your new icon on the right).
5. Open Parler from your home screen using the new icon. You will need to scroll down just a little to “Already have an account?” and click “Log In.”
You should only have to do this once, provided you don’t log out of your account. Your interface will look slightly different, but not much. You won’t be able to swipe down on your screen to refresh like you could with the app.
*** Follow me on Parler at @Soulmate1432
Parler workaround for Android:
- Launch “Chrome” app
- Search for and open parler.com
- Tap the menu icon (3 dots in upper right corner) and tap “Add to Home Screen.”
- You’ll be able to enter a name for the shortcut, and then Chrome will add it to your home screen.
- Open the Parler app from your home screen.